Thursday, September 2, 2010

My weakness....Shoooesss!

Love may make you weak in the knees.  Not me! Shoes make ME weak at the knees.  Yes mam they do.

My best friend and I reserve a shoe shopping day once a month.  We enter our jungle and hunt our pray.  Our method goes likes this - hit the sale rack first, this is shopping 101, then off to look for what we showed up for and last get to what we want.  I always go for a practical shoe, a fun shoe and a killer shoe.   How do I define these type of shoes, well let me tell ya.

  • Practical shoe = a shoe that you can wear for 10+ hours, like a flat, kitten heel or a cute sneaker.
  • Fun shoe = a shoe that you can wear for 6 or so hours, like a wedge or square heeled shoe.
  • Killer shoe =  These shoes are for transportation purposes only.   When you wear these type of shoes I recommend that you plan on sitting 80% of your stay.    These are typically worn for a date, wedding or a girls night out.  You know we wear killer shoes to impress our girlfriends.  Right??  The killer shoe would consist of a  high heel (3+inches), possibly strappy and lots of personality.  You may be hurtin be you'll sure look damn gooood!

Top 5 trends for Fall 2010:

  1. Clogs - I know can you believe it?  These damn things always make a comeback.  Just like broomstick skirts or vest.  They always make a comeback.   The great thing about this comeback is that they pair really well with anything.   Be careful not to overindulge in this trend because it will die out with winter.
  2. Loafers/Oxfords - I don't even want to talk about this one.  But it is being called upon.  The only great thing that could come out this trend is comfort.  If you choose to opt for this shoe then please go all out.  Pair this with a fitted top, short skirt with volume, belt and a cardigan.  This will set you up with a completed look.
  3. Pointy-toe flats - Anyone who knows me knows this one makes me happy.  I love pointy toe shoes and flat too boot!  whoo-hooo!  This type of shoes gives you so many options  Remember our lazy convo from the jewelry post. My lazy visual goes like this:  Jeans, white tee, scarf, suttle earring, chunky bracelet and my pointy toe flats.  Go with a suede or with something that has lots of texture like eyelet or stones.  Personality people Personality use it for this one.
  4. Lace up Boots -  This is another one of those fly by night trends.  So 80's....  They made this trend pretty universal and provide lots of options.  You can go tall, short, chunky, colored, pointy toe or round toe just as long as it laces up.  Use this boot with caution as you begin to pair them up with your wardrobe.  Skirts will take to a short lace up.  Jeans will need a chunky round toe lace up.  Leggings take well to your long lace up boots.  I will be passing on this trend, I do enough lacing up in this house.
  5. Kitten heel pump - Oh yes, the practical one.  Thank you fashion gods.  This one is always on my top five.  Kitten heel pumps make a great work shoe, can be worn for long hours and look great with slacks/trousers.  Here comes a visual:  Short bell blazer, casual ruffled neck top, trouser slacks and a peep toe kitten heel pump.  This shoe can be taken from business to happy hour.  Use this one up ladies because this is a classic trend and is here to stay.


You can find a style and fit in any of these shoes.  Be open minded and yes they can be comfortable.  Grab you best girlfriend and set out for the hunt.  I would love to hear and see a pic of your latest kill.

Till next time


No comments:

Post a Comment